EYEWITNESS WEATHER (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — Do we lose or gain an hour overnight? While we “lose” an hour of sleep, we “spring forward” an hour as Daylight Saving Time begins on Sunday, March 14 at 2 a.m.
This means your phone’s clock will automatically change to 3 a.m., but you will have to turn other clocks, like your microwave, forward an hour.
It’s also a good idea to check your smoke detector and change the batteries to avoid problems down the road.
Sunday’s sunrise will now be an hour later, at 7:16 a.m., and the sun will set at 7:09 p.m.
- Newsmakers to Air Sunday: Topic Gambling Addiction- April 11, 2021
- Pfizer, BioNTech ask FDA to approve use of vaccine in children ages 12 to 15
- Penn State soccer earns Big Ten honors
- Vaccinations could help fans pack stadiums in the fall
- Young hero honored by Freeland American Legion for saving baby sister’s life