COOLBAUGH TOWNSHIP, MONROE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — One man has been flown to the hospital late Wednesday morning after he crashed into a gas pump at a gas station in Mount Pocono, according to the Coolbaugh Township assistant fire chief.
He says the driver crossed the median on Route 940 and smashed into a gas pump at C&C Performance Centers causing the car, as well as the gas pump, to catch fire. A bystander allegedly pulled the driver from the car. He was flown to the hospital for his injuries.
They say the fire has been put out and Route 940 East and 940 West are now back open. The gas station and attached pizzeria & deli will be closed at least the remainder of the day.
- Team USA swimmer Caeleb Dressel gives gold medal to teammate in stands
- Video: Police, bystanders rescue baby trapped under alleged drunk driver’s car
- U.S. women’s gymnastics looks to capture third consecutive team gold
- Vaccinate NEPA: As cases increase, some areas are re-instating mask mandates. Should we all wear masks even if vaccianted?
- Tokyo 2020 marks first Olympics Pennsylvanians can place bets on games