EYEWITNESS NEWS (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — Local doctors are answering your questions about the COVID-19 vaccine. Allison Hess, the vice president of Health Services for Geisinger, answered today’s question.
A viewer asks: “Can I still get covid-19 after I’ve been fully vaccinated?”
“Yes so, the efficacy of the vaccine is not 100 percent, however when COVID does potentially happen after the vaccine, it does tend to be milder and decreases the risk of hospitalization, that’s why it’s important to still get vaccinated,” Hess said.
If you have a question for one of our doctors and experts, fill out our Vaccinate NEPA form.
- Live: Judge to rule on release of bodycam footage in Andrew Brown Jr. case
- PennDOT says road replacement necessary after fuel spill causes land contamination
- Newsfeed Now: CDC says fully vaccinated people can be outside without masks; Massive bee attack kills 70-year-old man
- Monroe County man indicted for 2019 bank robbery
- Police: Juvenile stabbed in Wilkes-Barre park