EYEWITNESS NEWS (WBRE/WYOU) — PennDOT has put speed and travel restrictions in place due to inclement weather Friday.
The following roadways are currently under a speed restriction of 45 mph. Commercial vehicles are also restricted to the right lane during this time.
- Interstate 180
- Interstate 81
Restrictions are at a Tier 1 level, which includes:
- Tractors without trailers
- Tractors towing unloaded or lightly loaded enclosed trailers, open trailers or tank trailers
- Tractors towing unloaded or lightly loaded tandem trailers
- Enclosed, unloaded, or lightly loaded cargo delivery trucks/box trucks that meet the definition of a CMV;
- Passenger vehicles (cars, SUVs, pickup trucks, etc.) towing trailers;
- Recreational vehicles/motorhomes;
- School buses, commercial buses and motor coaches; and motorcycles.
Additionally, PennDOT says the following roads were impacted by downed trees, power lines, or flooding:
- State Route 4035 (Robbins road/Pond Hill road) in Huntington Township, Luzerne County
- State Route 4003 (Manning Road/Jordan Hollow Road) between PA 438 Montdale Road in Scott Township to PA 107 Benton Road in Benton Township, Lackawanna County
- State Route 3008 (Bear Gap Road) between Rhodestown Road in Locust Township and White Church Road in Cleveland Township, Columbia County
- State Route 1025 (Shakespeare Road) between Hobbes Road and Route 45 in East Chillisquaque Township, Northumberland County
- State Route 1019 (Eleventh Avenue) between Spruce Street and Weatherfield Road in Shamokin Dam Borough, Snyder County
- Route 2001 (Beaver Run Road) between Route 192 and Cannon Road in Buffalo Township, for flooding.
Roads that are now open:
- State Route 4008 (Ellsworth Hill Road/Sickler Road) in Washington Township, Wyoming County
- Route 4017 (Legion Road) between Rod and Gun Club Road in Madison Township, Columbia County, and Maple Ridge Road / Ridge Road in Pine Township, for downed utilities.
- Route 2024 (Beaver Valley Road) between Pops Lane and Pops Lane in Beaver Township, Columbia County, due to downed trees and utilities
- State Route 3010 (Steckermill Road) between Mowery Road and Narehood Road in Liberty Township, Montour County
- State Route 3007 (Iron Bridge Road) between Route 522 and Route 3008 (Paxtonville Road) in Franklin Township, Snyder County
- Route 4001 (Sunbury Road) between Route 4002 (Kipps Run Road) and Avenue G in Riverside Borough, Northumberland County, for flooding.
- State Route 3004 (Creek Road) between Paddy Mountain Road and Winnawood Lane in Hartley Township, Union County.
This article will be updated frequently as more restrictions are announced or removed.