EYEWITNESS NEWS (WBRE/WYOU) — PennDOT has updated speed restrictions for certain vehicles that had been implemented during Thursday’s snow storm in northeastern PA.
PennDOT announced Friday morning it is temporarily reducing speed limits to 45 mph and restricting commercial vehicles to the right lane only as of 9:00 a.m. on the following interstates:
- Interstate 81, north of I-80 junction, in Lackawanna, Luzerne and Susquehanna counties;
- Interstate 84 in Lackawanna, Pike and Wayne counties; and
- Interstate 380 in Lackawanna and Wayne counties.
Speed limits remain at 45 mph for all vehicles, and commercial vehicles must stay in the right lane until further notice on the following roadways:
- Interstate 80, east of I-81 in Luzerne County;
- Interstate 81, north of I-80 in Luzerne County; and
- Interstate 84 in Lackawanna, Pike and Wayne counties.
PennDOT recommends drivers avoid unnecessary travel. Those who must head out will still see speeds reduced to 45 mph on many roadways.
PennDOT says they have lifted all vehicle and speed limit restrictions that were in place on interstates across the east-central PennDOT District 5 region that includes Berks, Carbon, Lehigh, Monroe, Northampton, and Schuylkill counties.
For all latest road conditions visit 511PA.com.