WILKES-BARRE, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — The Wilkes-Barre City Police Department is investigating a shooting that left one man shot in the leg on Saturday.
According to Wilkes-Barre City Police, Saturday around 11:00 p.m., police responded to the 400 block of Scott Street for a report of an aggravated assault.
Arriving on scene, police discovered one male suffering from a gunshot wound to his leg.
Police say he was approached by three unknown male suspects. The interaction between them escalated to a dispute resulting in one of the males shooting the victim.
Medics treated the victim on scene and then transported him to the hospital.
The investigation is still ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Wilkes-Barre Police Detective Division or 911.
- Police alert community on safety concerns over new traffic pattern in Dickson City
- California man recounts fighting off terrifying bee swarm that killed 2 dogs
- NYC COVID vaccine mandate extended to all city workers, though some push back
- Veterans’ Views: July 26, 2021
- Without the crowd’s roar, Tokyo Olympians search for spirit