WILKES-BARRE, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — The Wilkes-Barre City Police Department is investigating a shooting that left one man shot in the leg on Saturday.
According to Wilkes-Barre City Police, Saturday around 11:00 p.m., police responded to the 400 block of Scott Street for a report of an aggravated assault.
Arriving on scene, police discovered one male suffering from a gunshot wound to his leg.
Police say he was approached by three unknown male suspects. The interaction between them escalated to a dispute resulting in one of the males shooting the victim.
Medics treated the victim on scene and then transported him to the hospital.
The investigation is still ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Wilkes-Barre Police Detective Division or 911.
- Inside NY Baseball: Yankee prospect Estevan Florial; this week’s Press Pass
- Michigan child, 4, dies after being shot with pellet gun
- New government program offers $50 off monthly internet bill for eligible households: Here’s how to apply
- Guests at Las Vegas Strip sound off on new mask policies in resorts: ‘Not taking those chances’
- Alabama mom hospitalized with COVID-19 meets newborn son for first time