KINGSTON, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — Crews on the scene of a gas leak are working to repair the gas line near the Burger King on Wyoming Avenue in Kingston.
Eyewitness News spoke to the manager of the Burger King who says a garbage truck hit a wall and parts of the wall damaged the gas line. Crews are working to shut off a valve at the curb of the property.
UGI spokesperson Joseph Swope says a small gas leak underground was reported but it should be shut down with no danger to the public. The Burger King and nearby Taco Bell were evacuated as a result of the gas line rupture.
As a precaution, Wyoming Avenue will remain closed for several more hours between Market Street and Northampton Street.
- High-tech wristband reminds employees to wash hands, tracks how well they do it
- LIST: Walmart, Costco, Trader Joe’s, Publix to drop mask requirements
- This is the biggest contagion spot for COVID in airports
- Chick-fil-A to debut deliver-only service offering chicken wings alongside ‘classic’ menu items
- Diocese of Scranton changes policy on wearing masks