DANVILLE, MONTOUR COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — Geisinger is alerting patients about scammers that are posing as COVID vaccine schedulers.
A Geisinger representative says the scammers are reaching out to Geisinger patients by automated calls, live callers and/or text messages.
The fraudulent activity includes the scammers asking for the patient’s name, date of birth and Social Security number in order to schedule a vaccine appointment.
They say patients and the community should be aware that Geisinger will never ask for a Social Security number and if you do get a suspicious call, you should hang up and call Geisinger directly at 800-275-6401 or check your myGeisinger account for messages.
- Nebraska rallies late to down Penn State baseball in series opener
- Penn State’s O’Keefe sets NCAA career scoring record in overtime win
- Police: Pair charged after assaulting a police officer in Columbia County
- ‘This violence must end’: Calls for action on Capitol Hill after latest mass shooting
- Lackawanna County Commissioners speak out about tax collection controversy