One taken to hospital after Carbondale Township fire

Top Stories

CARBONDALE TOWNSHIP, LACKAWANNA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — One person was taken to the hospital after flames broke out in Lackawanna County.

The fire started just before 4 p.m. Monday afternoon at a home on Main Street in Carbondale Township. Fire officials say it started in the bedroom caused by a burning cigarette in a trash can.

The fire was knocked down quickly, but two people were home at the time. One person was taken to the hospital to be treated for breathing in too much smoke.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Top Stories

More Top Stories

Latest Videos