Family displaced after Scranton house fire

Top Stories

SCRANTON, LACKAWANNA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — Several crews responded to a house fire in Scranton Tuesday evening.

The flames broke out at a home on the 800 block of Meadow Avenue just at 3:15 p.m. when a resident called 911 and told officials the roof was on fire.

According to the Scranton Fire Department, crews arrived on the scene to find smoke coming from inside the home. Crews found on the second floor near the attic area a heavy amount of flames.

Fire crews say they had the flames under control just before 5:30 p.m. The house was occupied by two residents and one dog at the time of the fire, all were evacuated safely.

Scranton Police Fire Marshall states the fire was caused by a heating source to perform repairs to the exterior of the building which is where the fire started.

Fire investigators note the property did not have working smoke detectors with the home.

All residents were displaced and Red Cross assisted with alternative housing arrangements

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Top Video

More Top Video

Latest Videos