UPDATE: According to state police, the fire was ruled accidental. A cat knocked over a candle which landed on fireworks that were on the floor. The fireworks were then set off which lead to the fire. The home is a total loss. Two adults and seven children are displaced and all animals are okay. The fire marshal says there are no fatalities.
NEW MILFORD, SUSQUEHANNA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) A house is in ruins and nine people are displaced after a fire in Susquehanna County.
Thankfully, no one was injured in the fire which started at around 4:30 Sunday afternoon in New Milford. The family, however, was still accounting for pets after crews got the flames under control.
Power lines were also down and the house was left gutted.