WILKES-BARRE, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) New details have been released on the Wilkes-Barre shooting Tuesday night.
Police were dispatched to the area of Garfield and South Franklin Streets for a report of several people fighting.
They say while the caller was on the phone with 911, several shots were fired. When authorities arrived, all parties fled the area. Soon after, police received a call from Wilkes-Barre General Hospital reporting a male gunshot victim with gunshot wounds to his leg.
According to the release, detectives reported to the hospital to speak to the victim, who was uncooperative.
Detectives are reviewing videos from the area.
The suspect is still unknown at this time and the investigation is ongoing.
- Chick-fil-A to debut deliver-only service offering chicken wings alongside ‘classic’ menu items
- Diocese of Scranton changes policy on wearing masks
- Knoebels announces new mask policy
- Shoppers react to new mask policy at Gerrity’s
- Elizabethtown man arrested for contacting who he believed was 15-year-old boy police say