MONROE TOWNSHIP, SNYDER COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — One person was flown to the hospital after a food truck caught fire in the Susquehanna Valley Mall parking lot Wednesday.
According to the Hummel’s Wharf Fire Company, crews were called to the mall just before 1:00 p.m.
Fire and smoke could be seen billowing from one of the trucks as mall patrons watched on.
Video courtesy of Todd Newcomer
Crews spent about twenty minutes getting the fire under control and remained on scene for about two and a half hours with a state police fire marshal.
Pennsylvania State Police say Michael Santillo, 41, from Pattengurg, NY was inside a food tent cooking at the time. Due to a faulty propane tank or a faulty connection, flames vented into the tent, severely burning Santillo.
He was flown transported to the Lehigh Valley Burn Center to be treated.
- Here’s what you need to know about the app that’s turning everyone into a cartoon character
- There’s a castle for sale in Indiana
- Downside of ditching masks: Return of winter-like viruses, especially in kids
- Could your medication raise your risk for heat-related illness?
- Fundraiser in Forty Fort to get a more accessible park