Fire closes Wilkes-Barre restaurant

Top Stories
OTS_fire_investigation_generic_1466693245816.jpg

WILKES-BARRE, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — No one was injured in a fire that broke out on Main Street Saturday night.

The call came in at 10:10 p.m. for a fire that started in the kitchen of Hartman Jerk Center Jamacian Restaurant at 72 Main Street due a malfunctioning piece of cookware.

The building sustained heat, smoke and water damage, but businesses on either side were not impacted. Hartman will need to be cleaned, restocked and inspected before re-opening.

It was not known when it would re-open.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

3-Day Forecast

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Community Calendar

Your Photos