EYEWITNESS NEWS/ASSOCIATED PRESS (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — A Luzerne County woman faces federal charges after she allegedly cheered on rioters as they stormed into the U.S. Capitol in early January and was photographed in a trashed conference room inside the building.
The FBI charged in a newly unsealed affidavit that Annie C. Howell of Swoyersville had engaged in trespassing, disorderly or disruptive conduct, violent entry and obstruction of Congress.
A message seeking comment was left Tuesday for her public defender.
The Justice Department says about 300 people have been charged with federal offenses related to the riot.
- Camp Hill sportswear store supplying Eagles gear, merch
- Philadelphia Eagles players, legends on Cameo ahead of Super Bowl LVII
- Eagles fans soar into stores to buy gear ahead of Super Bowl
- Mom of Missouri inmate locked in prison visitation room for 12 hours
- Why Chiefs’ Frank Clark and Andy Reid are so close