BUTLER TOWNSHIP, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — The coroner released details on Monday following the fatal crash that occurred on Interstate 81 in Luzerne County on Sunday.
The accident happened at mile marker 151.7 in the northbound lane. According to police, Jose Ferrera Howley, 43-years-old, was traveling at a high speed in the middle lane when his vehicle struck the back of another vehicle.
The coroner pronounced Ferrera Howley dead at the scene from life ending injuries as a direct result of the crash.
According to PennDOT, Interstate 81 was closed between exits 145 and 155 for several hours.
- Strong storms moving across Pennsylvania
- Hero neighbor helps rescue 2 children after mother throws them from apartment window
- 6-year-old overdoses on THC gummy; mom says companies ‘targeting’ kids
- Biden at NATO: Ready to talk China, Russia and soothe allies
- 2021 Hersheypark Stadium concerts: Who’s playing?