Cause of Shamokin fire revealed

Top Stories

(WBRE/WYOU) — We now know an electrical problem is to blame for a deadly fire this week in Northumberland County.

Investigators say Tuesday’s fire in Shamokin on North Franklin Street started in a first-floor wall in one of the rowhomes. 23-year-old Brea Scandle died in that fire.

Investigators determined it was accidental.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

3-Day Forecast

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Community Calendar

Your Photos