COOLBAUGH TOWNSHIP, MONROE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) – Pocono Mountain Regional Police say a Lackawanna County man who was missing for weeks has been found dead.
According to Chief of Police Chris Wagner, Ronald Nicholas’ body was located within the Brady’s Lake area.
Family members first reported 72-year-old Nicholas missing on April 5th. Nicholas’ daughter said despite the outcome, there is a sense of relief.
“It was some nice closure for the family don’t know how there’s joy and sorrow, but theres’an element of elation to have this closure for our family. And just to be able to say thank you to any restored faith in humanity,” Sandra Snyder, Nicholas’ daughter, said.
This is an on-going investigation, additional details will be released as the investigation unfolds.
- Man kills himself after a domestic shooting in Lycoming County
- Pocono Mountain Regional Police are on the hunt after an attempted homicide
- Newly formed Pittson task force
- Study shows how drinking coffee changes brain connectivity
- Work continues at site of I-81 fuel spill