Two dogs taken to vet after one ignites Archbald house fire

Top News

PSP fire marshal believes one of the dogs started the fire

ARCHBALD, LACKAWANNA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — Two dogs had to be taken for treatment after a Thursday morning fire in Archbald and one of the dogs may be to blame.

Crews were called to a home in the 500 block of North Main Street just before 11 a.m. Neighbors called 911 after smelling smoke and hearing fire alarms.

A fire official says no one was home but two dogs were taken to an animal hospital in Dunmore to be treated.

After an investigation by a state police fire marshal and the Archbald Fire Department, it is believed one of the dogs turned on the electric burner on the stove when jumping onto the countertop to get food.

Items near the stove ignited and spread to the wall and ceiling of the home. The fire has been ruled accidental.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Top Stories

More Top Stories

Latest Videos