WAVERLY, LACKAWANNA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — A two-month long investigation has revealed a drug trafficking ring at a local nail salon, police say.
According to a police affidavit, officials began looking into Tung Khac Du, who owns Nails 1st in South Abington Township, back in March. His girlfriend, Nhan Thanh Tran who lived with Du in Waverly and worked at the business was also on their radar.
Investigators say they were able to purchase controlled substances from Du on multiple occasions. They say he distributed ecstasy, prescription medication and other narcotics while operating from his home and business. Du allegedly owned several vehicles that he used in the distribution.
Search warrants obtained by officials were executed on Nails 1st, Du’s residence, a 2020 Lincoln Navigator and a 2016 Ford F-150 pickup truck.
Officials say the search yielded over $100,000 in cash, just under 60 grams of suspected cocaine, 76 tablets of suspected ecstasy, over 2,000 tablets of suspected Adderall, 100s of packages of mushrooms,
Tran and Du were both arrested in the investigation. They face a number of drug-related charges including possession with intent to deliver.
- Half-dozen cyclists in critical condition after driver strikes group participating in bike event
- Heavy rain and gusty winds move into our area Saturday
- WATCH: 30-foot whale shark surprises fisherman: ‘Biggest I’ve ever seen in the Gulf’
- Lochte flops: Olympic career likely over after 7th in 200 IM
- Ryan Crouser goes big, breaks 31-year-old shot put record