WYOMING, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — Officials say a missing woman, found dead in Luzerne County died of hypothermia.
The body of Jennifer Herron was found in a wooded area near Midway Shopping Center where she was seen last Thursday. State Police had taken over the investigation after the discovery.
An autopsy conducted by a forensic pathologist revealed the manner of death to be accidental.
Earlier last week on Saturday, the West Wyoming Borough Police Department and West Pittston Police Department released Facebook posts asking the public to report sightings of Herron.
- Two children rescued in Kingston house fire
- Class “AA” Wrestling East Super Regional Update
- Scranton Lady Royals capture fifth-straight Landmark Conference championship
- Surprise procession replaces canceled Pittston City St. Patrick’s Parade
- Vigil honoring those who lost their lives to COVID-19 held in Luzerne County