RUSH TOWNSHIP, SUSQUEHANNA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — Police and OSHA are investigating after a contract worker with Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation died from injuries Tuesday morning, according to the director of external affairs at Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation.
He says around midnight on Tuesday, an ambulance was dispatched for the injured contract worker. The worker was taken to Montrose Hospital where he died at 1:30 a.m.
The Suquehanna County coroner says the victim was a 46-year-old man who was injured on the gas rig itself.
The company issued the following statement on Tuesday:
“We extend our sympathies and heartfelt condolences to the family of the deceased. We are heartbroken over this incident.”Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation
Further details are being held at this time until the next of kin has been notified. The details surrounding the worker’s death were not immediately made clear as the investigation is ongoing.
- Restaurants eager for COVID restrictions to be lifted
- Newsfeed Now: Colorado lawmaker under fire after calling colleague ‘Buckwheat’; Hospice grants daughter’s last wish for father
- Luzerne County distributes $3.4 million in grants to small businesses
- ‘Mad’ zebra captured after being ‘tased’ in Tennessee
- Disneyland’s Snow White ride under fire over Prince Charming’s ‘non-consensual’ kiss