(WBRE/WYOU) – UPDATE: PennDOT has lifted the speed limit and commercial vehicle restrictions for Interstate 80 in Union, Northumberland, Montour, and Columbia Counties.
Also, restrictions have been lifted on Interstate 180 from Route 15 north in Williamsport, Lycoming County to Interstate 80 in Northumberland County.
All speeds are restored to their usual posted limits and the right lane restriction on these roads has also been lifted.
PennDOT has lifted the speed limit restrictions that were in place on Interstate 78 in Berks, Lehigh, and Northampton Counties. It has also lifted the restriction on Interstate 81 in Schuylkill County. Reduced speed limits remain in effect for Interstates 80 and 380 and Route 33.
PennDOT has lifted the speed limit restrictions that were in place on U.S. 22 in Lehigh and Northampton Counties.
Reduced speed limits remain in place on Interstates 78, 80, 81, 380, and Route 33.
According to PennDOT, as of 9:15 p.m., Interstate 80 westbound in Columbia and Montour Counties has reopened.
Interstate 80 westbound is closed between Exit 232 and Exit 224 due to a multi-vehicle crash.
All lanes are closed. According to PennDOT, traffic is being detoured via Routes 42, 11 and 54. Motorists can re-enter the interstate at the Danville interchange. The roadway will remain closed for several hours and motorists are encouraged to utilize the designated detour route.
PennDOT has implemented a speed restriction of 45 mph on more roads in our area. These roads include:
- Interstate 78 in Berks, Lehigh and Northampton Counties
- Interstate 80 in Carbon County
- Interstate 81 in Schuylkill County
- Interstate 380 in Monroe County
- US 22 in Lehigh and Northampton Counties
- PA 33 in Northampton and Monroe Counties.
Stay up to date with the latest conditions and snowplow locations on 511pa.com.
PennDOT has updated restrictions on the roads. They began at noon Saturday and will remain in place until conditions warrant their removal.
The following vehicles are banned on roads:
- Tractors without trailers;
- Tractors towing unloaded or lightly loaded enclosed trailers, open trailers or tank trailers;
- Tractors towing unloaded or lightly loaded tandem trailers;
- Enclosed cargo delivery trucks that meet the definition of a CMV;
- Passenger vehicles (cars, SUV’s, pickup trucks, etc.) towing trailers;
- Recreational vehicles/motorhomes;
- School buses, commercial buses and motor coaches;
PennDOT has implemented speed restrictions on some major roadways in our area.
Until the restrictions have been lifted, speeds have been reduced to 45 mph on the following roadways:
- Interstate 81 in Luzerne, Lackawanna and Susquehanna counties
- Interstate 84 in Lackawanna, Wayne and Pike counties
- Interstate 380 in Lackawanna County
- Interstate 80 in Luzerne County
Trucks are also instructed to stick to the right-hand lanes on all highways during this time.