UPDATE: The individual who owned the boat has been located, officials say they are still not sure how the boat came to be in the water near the Market Street Bridge or if there was anyone on it before it capsized. An investigation is underway.
WILKES-BARRE, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — Officials from the Wilkes-Barre City Fire Department along with the Wilkes-Barre City Police are responding to a capsized boat on the Susquehanna River in the area of the Market Street Bridge.
The fire department’s search boat was taken out on the water just after 8 p.m. Tuesday night.
Officers were seen surveying the river banks with a flashlight.
Details are sparse and officials are not sure if anyone was on board the boat when it overturned.
An Eyewitness News crew is on scene. We will update with more information when it becomes available.
- Two Hanover Township residents arrested in drug bust
- Fire breaks out at Susquehanna County auto service center
- Ellen DeGeneres to end talk show after 19th season: ‘It’s just not a challenge anymore’
- Newfeed Now: House GOP ousts Rep. Liz Cheney from top post amid Trump criticisms; Sinkhole drains 17-acre lake
- Woman accused of shooting a mother, kidnapping her twin newborns in Savannah