NANTICOKE, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — A Nanticoke man was arrested Wednesday after police say he sent lewd messages to an 11-year-old girl.
Police say the investigation started on March 22 when a family member of the victim noticed pornographic images on the child’s mobile device.
Police were notified and say 26-year-old Richard Bonk of Nanticoke had been sending pictures from adult magazines and from the internet. The affidavit states Bonk admitted he had been messaging the girl for a few months.
When questioned, court papers indicate Bonk admitted to having sexual conversations with the child and “admitted he was wrong.”
Bonk is facing charges of unlawful contact with a minor, corruption of a minor and other charges.
- Bipartisan group of lawmakers push for new infrastructure plan
- Food truck festival to help save lives in Pittston
- Williamsport celebrates Juneteenth as it becomes an official national holiday
- Newsmakers to Air Sunday, June 20, 2021 Topic: PennDOT
- Half-dozen cyclists in critical condition after driver strikes group participating in bike event