DALLAS, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — President Donald Trump is the first president in history to be impeached twice.
For a second time, charges of high crimes and misdemeanors have been brought against him.
Presidential Historian Larry Cook says this means the president still has the right to a trial.
Cook says this, coupled with America’s division and recent violence, makes for an alarming historical comparison.
“The only thing I can really compare it to, and I hate to, but it is fact is the civil war time in the 1860s. When you take this time in history and that’s the only time as a historian I can compare it to, it keeps you awake at night,” Cook said.
Cook says there are currently more U.S. troops in Washington D.C. right now than in Iraq and Afghanistan combined.
- Supermarket sells two winning lottery tickets with the same numbers
- Milan man charged with animal cruelty for cutting off dog’s tail
- Scranton Mayor Cognetti announces re-election as a registered Democrat
- PA live! Monday, January 25, 2021
- PennDOT: vehicle restrictions on I-80 from I-79 to I-81 due to weather concerns