EYEWITNESS NEWS (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — With snow forecasted for our region Wednesday afternoon, the incoming inclement is forcing some local businesses and government offices to close.
COLTS’ Fixed Route buses will run on snow routes starting at 9 a.m. Thursday. Their Shared Ride service will start at 9 a.m. as well but all non-essential trips are canceled for Thursday and Friday.
Friday bus routes have not yet been updated. The most up-to-date information is available on their website.
COLTS’ Fixed Route buses will start running on snow routes at 9 a.m. tomorrow (Thursday). Whatever the closest outbound and inbound trips are after 9 a.m. will be the first trips of the day. Please check back for updates.
The Lackawanna County Government Center and the Lackawanna County Courthouse will be allowing all nonessential employees to leave Wednesday at 2 PM due to the impending snow storm, and finish the day at home remotely. All nonessential county and court employees are to work remotely on Thursday.
Essential employees from the following departments are to report to work as scheduled for either their regular shifts or special schedule/starting times due to the storm: Prison, House Arrest, 911, Information Technology, Sheriff’s Department, Roads & Bridges, Parks & Recreation, and Maintenance.
LCTA has not yet announced changes to their routes. Should snow impact travel, snow routes will go into affect.
Wilkes-Barre City public departments have not yet announced closures however the Mayor’s Office is asking residents to allow the Department of Public Works to efficiently clean streets by
- Not traveling unless absolutely necessary
- Removing vehicles from the street and parking in driveways if available
- Not pushing snow into the street
The Williamsport Federal Building and Courthouse will be closing at 1:00 pm Wednesday. Both buildings are scheduled to reopen at noon tomorrow.
The Borough of Jersey Shore is declaring a Winter Storm Event beginning Wednesday, December 16 at 2:00 p.m. During the event, parking is on an odd/even schedule. On odd-numbered days, parking is allowed on the odd addressed side of the street and on even-numbered days, parking is allowed on the even addressed side. Once the storm event is over, parking will be enforced as law provides.
Monroe County Offices will open at noon Thursday.
Wayne Memorial Hospital is closing several outpatient sites on Thursday, December 15. This includes:
- COVID Testing at the Wayne County Fairgrounds
- Wayne Memorial Outpatient Services (Laboratory/Radiology) in Waymart, Hamlin, Tafton, Carbondale, Forest City and the Pike County Medical Center in Lords Valley.
- Wayne Memorial Rehabilitation Services on Delaware Street and at the Route 6 Mall, Honesdale
- Wayne Memorial Hearing Solutions, Main Street, Honesdale
- Cardiac Rehabilitation at Wayne Memorial Hospital
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation at Wayne Memorial Hospital
- Heart & Vascular Center non-emergency procedures
- Cardiology Services non-emergencies
All sites are expected to reopen on Friday after the snow has passed.
- Wilkes-Barre teen reported missing found safe
- Wilkes-Barre Township Police seize drugs, gun during investigation
- AG Shapiro indicts Allegheny County nursing home admin. on multiple counts of fraud
- Dr. Rachel Levine answers questions from senators in confirmation hearing
- Estudio: 1ra dosis de vacuna de Pfizer es bastante efectiva