PITTSBURGH, Pa. (WHTM) – A Pennsylvania rally with Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and Pennsylvania gubernatorial candidate Doug Mastriano will be held tonight.
According to the event’s ticket site, the rally will be held on August 19 at the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh – Grand Ballroom.
The event was expected to begin at 4:30 p.m. with Mastriano and DeSantis each scheduled to speak with airport-like screening and a list of prohibited items.
- Bags, backpacks, messenger bags
- Skateboards, bicycles
- Balloons, laser pointers, umbrellas
- Sticks, poles, bats, etc.
- Food, beverages, containers, water bottles
- Weapons, ammunition, knives, projectiles, pepper spray, expandable batons, firearms (NO CCW in Event Zone) or other hazardous items
- Tactical gear including but not limited to helmets, body armor, shields, etc.
- Signs, banners, flyers, posters, stickers
- Alcohol, drugs, paraphernalia
- Amplified sound or other noisemakers
- Animals (service animals permitted)
DeSantis is also scheduled to travel to Arizona, New Mexico, and Ohio this month for a series of rallies hosted and organized by the conservative group Turning Point Action.
Those rallies will see the Florida governor stump for several candidates including Ohio Republican Senate nominee J.D. Vance, Arizona Republican Senate nominee Blake Masters and Arizona GOP gubernatorial nominee Kari Lake.
DeSantis’s travel plans are the latest evidence of his growing sway among Republican voters nationally amid speculation that he could mount a 2024 bid for the GOP presidential nomination.
But notably, the rallies don’t put him in direct contention with Trump, who is also said to be weighing a 2024 comeback bid of his own.
The “Unite and Win Rally” was originally scheduled to be held at the David Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh, but the convention center said they never scheduled the event.