(WBRE/WYOU-TV) Wyoming Borough has a new police chief.
On Monday night- the borough council voted unanimously to appoint Christopher Mercavitch to the position.
He is replacing the embattled former Police Commissioner Michael Flanagan.
During the borough meeting, Mercavitch received wide support from other officers.
“It’s a nice feeling the support is a little overwhelming from all the police officers that were here,” Said Chief Christopher Mercavitch, Wyoming Borough
About two dozen police officers from other areas attended the meeting to show their support
- One person in custody after Nanticoke drug raid
- Eyewitness News Webcast: 6.11.19
- Businessman leaving Lackawanna County
- Keystone Creations: The Beekeeper’s Daughter
- Police looking for man after Dickson City shooting