MONROE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — A Monroe County woman is sentenced for a homicide by vehicle crash that killed her daughter.
Rebecca Willis of East Stroudsburg is sentenced to spend one and a half to three years in prison and five years probation.
She pleaded guilty to homicide by vehicle, DUI and recklessly endangering another person. The crash happened in June 2015.
State Police say Willis was heading south on Business Route 209 in Hamilton Township with her six-year-old daughter, Sophia, in the car. Investigators say she crossed over the line and smashed into another car. Sophia died at the scene of the crash.
- One person in custody after Nanticoke drug raid
- Eyewitness News Webcast: 6.11.19
- Businessman leaving Lackawanna County
- Keystone Creations: The Beekeeper’s Daughter
- Police looking for man after Dickson City shooting