STROUDSBURG, MONROE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — The woman convicted of what some called a cult murder was sentenced in Monroe County.
Barbara Rogers was convicted of third-degree murder in March. Today, she was sentenced to serve fifteen to forty years behind bars.
Rogers was found guilty of shooting and killing her boyfriend, 32-year-old Steven Mineo in 2017 in their Coolbaugh Township home. Rogers told investigators Mineo asked her to hold a gun to his head and pull the trigger.
Detectives believe the couple belonged to an online alien cult, which Rogers says turned on her, calling her a witch. According to Rogers, that’s why Mineo wanted her to take his life.
- Police looking for man after Dickson City shooting
- Operation Night Hawk Statistics
- Monroe County Hospice House Getting Ready to Reopen
- Crews Gutting Former Bon-Ton for ShopRite at Stroud Mall
- Woman Beat Child While Child’s Father Recorded The Abuse