SCRANTON, LACKAWANA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — A woman was burned in an early-morning fire in Scranton.
It broke out in the front room of a home on the 400 block of Leggett Street around 5:30 a.m. A woman living there suffered burns and was taken to the hospital. She is expected to be okay.
Her husband is also being checked out. Firefighters were able to find a small dog living in the house. It was taken to a pet hospital.
Firefighters were able to quickly put out the fire. There is no word yet on the cause.
- Massachusetts fugitive picked up in Hazleton
- Dangerous Dog Owner Facing Charges
- Lackawanna County launches inaugural fair
- ‘Dangerous Dog’ Owner Faces Charges, Troopers Received 26 Reports
- The Latest: Tornado touches down near Iowa City