Woman injured in Scranton fire

News

SCRANTON, LACKAWANA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — A woman was burned in an early-morning fire in Scranton.

It broke out in the front room of a home on the 400 block of Leggett Street around 5:30 a.m. A woman living there suffered burns and was taken to the hospital. She is expected to be okay.

Her husband is also being checked out. Firefighters were able to find a small dog living in the house. It was taken to a pet hospital.

Firefighters were able to quickly put out the fire. There is no word yet on the cause.
 


Trending Stories


If you want to receive BREAKING ALERTS, please download our Eyewitness News App. You can also follow Eyewitness News on Facebook and Twitter.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

3-Day Forecast

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Community Calendar

Your Photos

Top Stories

More Top Stories

Latest Videos