There are a number of events going on this weekend and in the days ahead! Enjoy! Remember more events can also be found on the Calendar of Events or under our Community Link!
June 15 and 16, 2019
*The Osterhout Free Library Book Sale- June 15-22- with a preview night on June 14- The library is located on South Franklin Street in Wilkes-Barre
Saturday, June 15: 9:30 am – 3:30 pm
Sunday, June 16: CLOSED
Monday, June 17: 9:30 am – 7 pm
Tuesday, June 18: 9:30 am – 7 pm
Wednesday, June 19: 9:30 am – 7 pm
Thursday, June 20: 9:30 am – 7 pm
Friday June 21: 9:30am – 4:30pm
Saturday June 22: 9:30am – Noon *Bag Day!*
* One Weekend Only! June 15 – 16 Phoenix Performing Arts Centre presents Schoolhouse Rock.
Saturday show 7:00 PM and Sunday 2:00 PM
Phoenix Performing Arts Centre is located at 409 Main St., Duryea
Tickets: $10 and kids 5 and under only $5. At the door or call for reservations 570-457-3589
Saturday, June 15, 2019
* Honesdale Roots and Rhythm Saturday, June 15, An all-day free festival of live music and performance art throughout downtown Honesdale culminating in 4 main stage acts in Central Park.
8 bands on Main Street kick things off before everyone heads to the park for The Chris O’Leary Band, Wayne “The Train” Hancock, Rosie Flores & headliner The Black Lillies! There will be food and great time for all who attend.
** Highmark Walk For A Healthy Community to benefit the Women’s Resource Center, PNC Field, Saturday, June 15
Important Times: 7:45 a.m. check-in and registration
9 a.m. 5K Walk
9:15 a.m.- 1 Mile Walk
Raise or donate $30 and you’ll receive a FREE T-shirt while supplies last. You’ll receive one raffle ticket for every $50 that you raise or donate. . For more information contact John Host at 570-996-7787 or by email at Traverpf@frontier.com
Sunday, June 16, 2019
What’s Going on at the Cooperage (The Cooperage is located at 1030 Main Street in Honesdale)
* Don’t miss the third year of Honesdale’s one and only craft beer festival! Tickets are now on sale for The Cooperage on Tap: A Northern Poconos Craft Beer Festival on Saturday, July 20 from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm with a preview hour from 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm. Enjoy a lineup of local breweries who brew beer or grow hops all in the Northern Pocono Region! Our friends at Hop Barons will be cooking up delicious food out of the kitchen, Platform Industries will be live screen printing and there will be live music by Lone Duck all while supporting local businesses and The Cooperage Project. All proceeds raised will benefit The Cooperage Project.
* On Wednesday, June 19, the Cooperage will host the monthly Acoustic Bluegrass Jam from 7:00pm to 9:00 pm! This jam will be held at The Cooperage, 1030 Main Street. All levels of players and instruments are welcome. This jam is entirely acoustic, so please leave your amps at home.
*Join us on Saturday, June 22 at The Cooperage for our first ever Solstice Makers Market! This market will showcase local makers and creators selling and demonstrating how they make their goods. Food will be available for purchase by Hop Barons. Watch, learn, bring something home and come hungry!
* Stop by The Cooperage for our monthly Game Night. Bring your own game from home to share and teach. . We also have a selection to play from including board games, card games, and brain games. All ages are welcome to come to join in the fun. Bring a friend or make a friend! Our monthly game nights will continue on the 3rd Thursday of the month:
June 20 | July 18 | August 15 | September 19 | October 17 | November 21 | December 19
*The South Creek Lions are having a Chicken Barbecue on Saturday, June 22nd. Dinners are available for $10 and Halves for $8. Pre-order only. Call orders to one of these numbers 570-529-2763, 717- 406-9275, 570-529-0443. Deadline is 6pm on June, 18th ready at 11:30 am. The South Creek Lions Hall is located on Route 14 in Gillett, PA.
*Christ United Methodist Church presents this year’s vacation bible school entitled To Mars And Beyond
Monday, June 17 Thru Friday, June 21. The church is located at 175 South Main Road, Mountain Top, Bible School will run from 6:00pm till 8:30pm. The Bible School is open to children from ages 3 (potty trained) thru 6th grade are all invited! You can pre-register by calling 570-474-6060. No cost to attend.
Donations would be appreciated.
*Stephen Perillo and The Followers Band Concert at Russell Hill Church, June 8, Time: 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM at Russell Hill United Methodist Church 3 Prevost Rd (off of RT 6) Tunkhannock Pa 18657 Cost: Free
There will be dessert/coffee afterward for those interested.
Making A Difference Ministries will present music at Praise in the Park at Daleville UMC Covington Township. Moscow, June 22 at the Daleville United Methodist Church located at 783 Yostville Rd,
Covington Township, from 10 am to 4 pm.
Making A Difference Ministries will have 3 Different Christian Bands will be performing throughout the day.
Churches partnering to make this happen are Daleville United Methodist Church and
Maple Lake United Methodist Church
Times for Artist:
10:00 AM to 12:00 AM STEPHEN Perillo and The Followers
Christian Singer/songwriter from Shavertown, Pa.
12:30 PM to 2:30 PM Benjamin Horrevoets
2:45 PM to 4:00 PM Campfire Bacon Band
Local Praise/Country Band from Bloomsburg.
*The Summer Lunch Box Program will host a chicken barbecue, raffle, and Chinese auction (basket raffles) at the Lenox V.F.W. on Saturday, June 1st from noon until 5m (or sold out). Dinners are $10.00 and you can purchase your dessert from our bountiful bake sale tables. Details and tickets available by calling 570/289-4102 or from any SLB volunteer.
*The Township of Tobyhanna will roll out the red carpet for the famous 28th Infantry Division Band of the Pennsylvania National Guard. The group will be in concert on July 2, 7:30 PM at the Pocono Mountain West High School on Route 940, The concert is free to the public.
*The public is invited to a self-guided tour of gardens primarily located in the Glenbrook and Creek of Glenbrook sections of Stroudsburg on Saturday, July 13. The gardens selected will include award-winning gardens, 100 and 150-year-old Japanese maple trees, beehives, and a waterfall. Tickets will be sold at Ross and Ross Nursery, and Stonewall Garden Center.. Light refreshments will be served at some of the houses. Contact Ellen Phraner 570-352-2472 or firstname.lastname@example.org
*The Brewsterhout Rooftop Party is back! Save the Date: Friday, August 2nd from 5:00-8:00 p.m.
Don’t miss out on an evening of food, fun and merriment (plus a great view of the city). The proceeds benefit the Osterhout Library.
Tickets are $25 before the event and $30 at the door. They will be available to purchase soon.
Sponsorship opportunities are available by contacting Christopher Kelly at 570-823-0156 x 218 or email@example.com
*Join The Community Celebration! Lake Ariel Volunteer Fire Co. Engine #1 Dedication Wetdown
August 12th, 1-5 Pm -Lake Station, On Rte 191, Lake Ariel
The Pennsylvania Heritage Festival is looking for Antique Cars, Trucks & Farm Machinery to participate in this years Festival on September 21st and 22nd at the Heritage Farm Museum at Alparon Park in Troy, Pennsylvania. FMI call 470-786-9482
* The Ross Township Community Day Celebration is September 8th from 11am – 4pm at the VanBuskirk-Haney (Ross Twp. Park), 238 Anchorage Rd-Saylorsburg. The township invites your organization to promote what you do for the community and recruit new members. It’s a great way to find out about different organizations and become involved in your community.
The Historical Society will join the festivities and showcase historical artifacts, provide some township history and have a CAKE WALK at 1PM ($2.00 to participate). NEW this year…Local Crafters and Direct Sellers are invited to promote their talents and showcase their small business.
Also, there be a Tricky Tray (Basket Raffle) Extravaganza benefiting the Ross Historical Group and the West End Regional Park. Demonstrations, Entertainment, Food and Drink will be part of the festivities.
For additional information please call (570)992-9733 or firstname.lastname@example.org
On-Going Exhibits and more
*The 2019 Wilkes-Barre City Farmers Market. The Market will open at 10AM on Thursday, June 27th at 10:00 AM on Public Square in downtown Wilkes-Barre. The Market will continue each Thursday from 10:00 AM through 4:00 PM through November 14th
*Irem Temple Restoration Project’s Public Square Pop-Up Museum
(1 South Main Street, fourth floor):
HOURS: Friday, 12 PM – 5 PM; Saturday, 11 AM – 5 PM; Sunday 12 PM – 4 PM
The ITRP’s Pop-Up introduces our area’s incredible heritage, with the goal of showcasing the full breadth of our history and demonstrating that heritage tourism – such as a restored Irem Temple – can be a shared source of prosperity.
Making A Difference Ministries 4 Part Concert Series along with Beaumont Free Methodist Church
Beaumont Free Methodist Church, 380 Buck Blvd, White Haven
Time 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM Dates of Concerts :
Dates and Artist as listed:
August 02nd – Mike Lewis
from Nashville, TN.
October 5th– Campfire Bacon Band
*Making A Difference Ministries and New Life Community Church To host The Truth Christian Cafe every 2nd Friday of the month from April to Oct.
Place; New Life Community Church, 570 S Main Rd, Mountain Top, PA 18707
Time 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM
June 07th Bill Hunt (National Artist) from Grantville, PA.
July 12th Paul and Mary Good from Quakertown, PA.
August 09th Stephen Perillo and David Griffin Kingston, PA. and Jim Thorpe, PA.
September 13th Yvonne Hartman (Christian Singer/songwriter) from Oley, PA.
October 11th Benjamin Horrevoets (National Artist) Poughkeepsie, NY.
For all the upcoming Christian Coffeehouses and Events visit us
www.unitybymusic.org or call Stephen (570) 899-2264
* “The Northeast Pennsylvania Genealogical Society announces new hours beginning on January 16, 2019.
The NEPGS Family History Library is located at 57 North Franklin St., Kirby Annex Two, Wilkes-Barré PA 18701
Hours are 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. every Wednesday and Thursday.
NEPGS is open to the public. Admission is free for NEPGS members. An all-inclusive $25 Day Pass is available for non-members. Find your roots at NEPGS. nepgs.com“
*The NAMI Scranton & Northeast Region support group is for anyone who has been affected by mental illness. Meetings are held at 7 p.m. on the 2nd and 4th Monday of every month in The Advocacy Alliance Media Building at 841 Jefferson Avenue in Scranton. These meetings are free and open to anyone who has a mental illness and/or their friends and family. Please feel free to call the NAMI Scranton office at 570-342-1047 for more information
* The Carbon County American Cancer Society- is also hosting The Great Radio “Ask Your Neighbor“ Cook Book Sale. This is a Historic Celebration of the Tastes of our Coal Region communities and ethnicities. The cookbook features over 350 pages of recipes collected through a popular weekday radio show on WLSH from the pre-microwave days! The cookbook is presented with permission and in cooperation with WMGH/WLSH Radio.
Order on-line Click Here or by phone (570) 805-4555 or fax (570) 805-4554 All proceeds benefit ACS. The cost is only $20 (shipping available for $7 extra). The Cook Books are in stock today!!
To order by Mail: Make Check Payable to CancerTelethon.org Coffee Houses/ Art Exhibits and More
Looking for something to Read? The Friends of the Osterhout Free Library NEW Book Shop is now open. The Book Shop is located on the recently renovated 3rd floor, which is accessible by stairs or the elevator.
Book Shop hours are:
Monday 9:30am – 1:00pm
Wednesday 9:30am – 1:00pm
Thursday 5:00pm – 7:30pm
Friday 9:30am – 1:00pm
Saturday 10:00am – 1:00pm
- Feral cat problem brought to City Hall
- Overnight Fire at Bar & Restaurant in Wayne County
- ‘Pocono Springs’ Project Hits Roadblock
- Earthquake hit central Pennsylvania Wednesday night
- Luzerne County man charged with molesting 12-year-old girl