SCRANTON, LACKAWANNA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) – Waking up before sunrise to participate in a college club sport can only mean one thing: dedication. That driving force is exactly what’s behind the University of Scranton’s women’s crew team.
“It’s a team sport, obviously you have a bunch of people in the boat working together,” says Josephine Rogers, a junior member of the Scranton Crew. “So we’ll get up early, we were up leaving by 5:15 a.m. to get here. We go back have classes, so you’re already up. You get a good practice in.”
As the sun rises, the peaceful waters of Lackawanna State Park are full of crew members.
“It is a difficult thing to do, getting up early,” says sophomore member Allie Seery. “But it is worth it because it is beautiful out, and the water is so calm right now.”
The Scranton women’s crew team will be wrapping up their season this week with the 2019 Dad Vail Regatta in Philadelphia beginning on Friday, May 10th.
- Fourth of July ‘Freedom Fest’ Canceled in East Stroudsburg
- Fentanyl Distribution Ring Busted in Hazleton
- What you should know before voting in the Pennsylvania primaries
- Four Charged in Williamsport Drug Bust
- ‘Day of Prayer’ held in Pittston