SCRANTON, LACKAWANNA COUNTY – (WBRE/WYOU) The sound of a protests echoed throughout Scranton.
The Jane Kopas Women’s Center at the University of Scranton held their 29th annual “Take Back The Night” rally.
Students and community members marched from De Naples Patio to Alumni Memorial Green on the university’s campus.
The community created colored t-shirts with statistics and experiences of sexual violence.
Those shirts were displayed across campus to illustrate just how serious the issue is.
“People care, and people are affected by this. This is a real issue. We would love to have one day when there’s no ‘Take Back The Night,'” said Jane Kopas Women’s Center graduate assistant Megan Barr.
The event wraps up around 11:30 tonight with a candlelight vigil.
- I-Team: Neighbors Put Up a Fence to Stop Crime
- Berwick softball player lands on SportsCenter
- Celebrating National Park Week at Steamtown
- Connor McGovern of Lake-Lehman Ready for NFL Draft
- Navy jet caused sonic booms, officials say