GILLETT, Pa. (WETM) — Two parents are facing drug charges after they were found asleep while their 4-year-old son wandered into a neighbor’s home.
According to Pennsylvania State Police, a neighbor came home to find their front door open. Inside they found their neighbor’s son wearing only a diaper.
When police searched for the child’s parents they found Tapanga McCartney and Thomas Raymond sleeping with a plastic bag of suspected methamphetamine and a glass smoking device near the bed.
A 1-year-old girl was found sleeping in a crib nearby.
State Police say McCartney and Raymond “were unaware of their son’s whereabouts” and that additional drug paraphernalia was found in the home.
Bradford County Children & Youth Services took custody of the two children, and Raymond and McCartney were taken into custody.
- Inside NY Baseball: Yankee prospect Estevan Florial; this week’s Press Pass
- Michigan child, 4, dies after being shot with pellet gun
- New government program offers $50 off monthly internet bill for eligible households: Here’s how to apply
- Guests at Las Vegas Strip sound off on new mask policies in resorts: ‘Not taking those chances’
- Alabama mom hospitalized with COVID-19 meets newborn son for first time