SCRANTON, LACKAWANNA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — After severe storms ravaged our area early Monday morning, there have been four confirmed tornadoes, one each in Union County, Columbia County, Susquehanna County, and Lackawanna County.
The National Weather Service is in Lackawanna County today surveying the damage left behind from yesterday’s storm. They have a lot of ground to cover over the next few days as the storm affected a number of counties.
The cleanup has begun in Lackawanna County after the storm turned life upside down for some people.
“We’re working on restoring power to homes,” Brian Barnes of Richard Mellow Corporation said.
According to the National Weather Service, these types of storms are common this time of year.
“It’s severe weather season, I mean, this type of stuff does happen in Northeastern Pennsylvania. I mean, it happens,” Dave Nicosia of the National Weather Service said.
- Keystone Creations: Ritter’s Farm Markets
- Your Eyewitness Weather Forecast
- Fire out, organ intact but work ahead for charred Notre Dame
- Pennsylvania Residents and Travelers Urged to Watch for Severe Weather
- National Weather Service to survey damage in Scranton, Waymart