Starbucks is testing reusable cups at London’s Gatwick Airport.
Passengers will have the option to select a free reusable cup or a standard paper cup. However, a paper cup will cost a small fee of about six cents. Those reusable cups must be returned at specific drop-off locations throughout the airport before boarding.
The cups will be collected, washed and sterilized before they’re returned to Starbucks ready for customer use. The month-long pilot program aims to cut down on paper cup waste and determine if customers are open to the idea.
About seven million paper cups are used at Gatwick Airport each year.
- One person in custody after Nanticoke drug raid
- Eyewitness News Webcast: 6.11.19
- Businessman leaving Lackawanna County
- Keystone Creations: The Beekeeper’s Daughter
- Police looking for man after Dickson City shooting