SCRANTON, LACKAWANNA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) – Scranton police are investigating a break-in at a local elementary which forced the closure of the school Thursday.
Teachers at Neil Armstrong Elementary School discovered Thursday morning that vandals had broken into the school and damaged parts of the gym and other spots of the building.
A Scranton School District spokesman says classes were dismissed for the day while repairs were being made by maintaniance staff.
Eyewitness News is told police and administrators are looking at security camera footage to try and determine who broke in, when and the extent of the damage.
School officials hope to have the building ready for use Friday.
- Massachusetts fugitive picked up in Hazleton
- Dangerous Dog Owner Facing Charges
- Lackawanna County launches inaugural fair
- ‘Dangerous Dog’ Owner Faces Charges, Troopers Received 26 Reports
- The Latest: Tornado touches down near Iowa City