EYEWITNESS NEWS (WBRE/WYOU) — Remnants of Ida have left many roads closed in our area as heavy rain continues to fall across the region.
PennDOT has released a constantly updating list of roads that have been impacted by the remnants of Hurricane Ida, the following conditions are current as of Friday 9:50 a.m.
|County||State Route/Exit/Mile Marker||Beginning Intersection||Ending Intersection||Closure/Restriction||Estimated Time of Reopening|
|Luzerne||3034||Main Street||Conyngham Drums Road||Closed||12:00:00 PM|
|Luzerne||SR 239||3006 (Pond Hill Road)||Jeanette Street||Closed||10:00:00 AM|
|Luzerne||SR 437 (PA 437)||Crestwood DR||Kirby Road||Closed||10:00:00 AM|
|Luzerne||SR 2039 (Westminster Road)||Jumper Road||Bald Mountain Road||Closed||12:00:00 PM|
|Luzerne||SR 2007 (Laurel Run Road/Giants Despair Road)||Bear Creek Boulevard||Blossom Drive||Closed||11:00:00 AM|
|Pike||SR 739 (PA 739)||Dingman Ferry BR||209 Federal Road||Closed||1:00:00 PM|
|Wayne||SR 4009 (Dug Road)||Grimes Road||Ash St/Upper Woods Road||Closed||12:00:00 PM|
Additional closures are listed below:
According to a press release from the Monroe County Emergency Operations Center, several roads were closed in Monroe County as of 7:40 p.m.:
- 5 Springs Road below Stephanie Way
- Business Route 209 from Beaver Valley Road to Hickory Valley Road
- Learn Road from Route 611 to Cherry Lane
- River Road in National Park between Shawnee on the Delaware and Park Headquarters
- Route 611 at Warner Road and Cherry Lane
- State Route 191 that Mill Creek Road to State Route 447/Paradise Trail
- State Route 447 at Mill Creek Road to Brushy Mountain Road
- Warner Road at Route 611 to Route 715
- Weir Lake Road from Old Stagecoach Road to Doney Road
• Route 1007 (Stony Brook Road) from the intersection of Route 487 to the intersection of Route 487 in Orange Township.
• Route 2001 (Ideal Park Road / Mill Road) between the intersection with Numidia Drive in Locust Township and Mill Grove Drive in Roaring Creek Township.
• Route 2026 (Mountain Shadow Lane) between the intersection with Route 339 (State Road) in Beaver Township and the intersection with Beaver Valley Road in Beaver Township.
• Route 3016 (Hollow Road) between the intersection with Hollow Road and the intersection with Route 487 (River Hill Drive) in Catawissa.
• Route 4013 (Whites Church Road) between the intersection with Fox Hollow Road and the intersection with English Hill Road in Mount Pleasant Township.
• Route 2024 (Beaver Valley Road) between Route 2022 (Scotch Valley Drive) and Chapel Hill Road in Beaver Township.
• Route 1010 (Hosler Road) between Shelhamer Road in North Centre Township and Route 1013 (Draketown Road) in Orange Township.
• Route 487 between Neyhart Road in Orange Township and Lodge Road in Fishing Creek Township. Detour is Routes 4041, 254 to 487.
• Route 487 between the intersection with Rohrsburg Road in Orange Township and the intersection with Route 254 in Benton.
• Route 2014 (Stine Road/Century Road/Hedge Road) between Route 642 and the intersection with Cameltown Road in Derry Township.
• Route 2004 (Bowden Road) between Route 54 (Elysburg Road) and Route 2003 (Logan Run Road) in Rush Township.
In a press conference, PennDOT stated Wednesday morning that crews have been preparing for the storm for several days. All crews are equipped with tools to be ready for all forms of response. You can watch the full statement from PennDOT in the video below.
All road closures are a developing story, we will provide more information as it comes in. Check 511 PA for the latest road closures. You can stay current on all the latest weather alerts and track the storm using the Eyewitness Interactive Radar.