SCRANTON, LACKAWANNA COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) After a deadly shooting in Scranton over the weekend, a nearby nightclub is under the microscope.
With numerous complaints coming in, city officals and the commonwealth are looking at closing it.
The Castle Nightclub is indirectly part of an investigation stemming from a deadly shooting that left one man dead and two others injured. It all happened near the club.
According to police those involved were not patronizing the establishment. City council members say the club has been a problem establishment “even before this incident,” said Council President Pat Rogan.
Members agreed to send a letter to the county’s district attorney asking to look at closing The Castle. In February Rocky’s, a bar in downtown, was ordered by a judge to close for six months.
- “Wood-Mode” Announces It Is Closing Its Door
- Half Marathon Being Planned for Montage Mountain
- Plenty of Questions Asked at the Stormwater Fee Open House
- UPDATE: One dead, two injured in shooting in Scranton
- Cressona residents say condemned property is creating a safety concerns