SALEM TOWNSHIP, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) — The wet weather couldn’t dampen the spirits at one of the biggest fundraisers of the year for a fire department in Luzerne County.
Eyewitness News found plenty of puddles, rain boots, and umbrellas at the Salem Township Volunteer Fire Company’s East Berwick Carnival.
The station asked people in the community to put on their ponchos and support their first responders.
Proceeds from the food and games help maintain the trucks, keep the lights on, and outfit the firefighters.
The East Berwick Carnival continues through June 8th at the fire station on East Fifth Street in Salem Township.
- Massachusetts fugitive picked up in Hazleton
- Dangerous Dog Owner Facing Charges
- Lackawanna County launches inaugural fair
- ‘Dangerous Dog’ Owner Faces Charges, Troopers Received 26 Reports
- The Latest: Tornado touches down near Iowa City