(WBRE/WYOU-TV) K-9’s are valuable members of police forces and like everyone else, it’s important for them to have the best training and equipment.
Thanks to a generous donation to a police department in Monroe County the best training is now possible.
The new full body suit at the Stroud Area Regional Police Department was put on full display today.
The suit will enable the K-9 Department the freedom to have training exercises at their own facilities without having to rely on borrowing equipment from other departments.
“The suit is very thick it’s a thick padded material. It prevents the dog’s teeth from getting through it.
You can still feel the pressure underneath. It trains the dog on the proper application for criminal apprehension.
It protects the dog and the person in the suit.” Explained Michael Sampere, K-9 officer.
The suit costs $1,500 and was donated to Stroud Area Police Department by ETG Plumbing and Heating.
- Therapy dogs available at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton airport
- The Latest: Note says shooter’s family sends condolences
- Tunkhannock Special Olympics
- Natural gas industry along with local and regional leaders oppose severance tax
- Tambur Family Foundation Honored