LEBANON TOWNSHIP, WAYNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — An Olyphant man was arrested on drug charges after detectives say they found him sleeping in his car.
Authorities say that 50-year-old Jamie Wiek had an an outstanding bench warrant out for his arrest when detectives found him sleeping in his car on April 5.
They say Wiek was taken into custody where police conducted a search and found he had crystal methamphetamine. His vehicle was impounded and a search warrant was secured to search it, in which a scale and packaging material was found.
Wiek is now facing charges of possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia and intent to deliver a controlled substance.
Wiek was arraigned with bail set to $45,000. He is due in central court on May 19.
- Officials break ground on Monroe County Courthouse expansion and renovation project
- Police: One taken to hospital after Hazleton shooting, suspect in custody
- STATE CHAMPS! Line Mountain softball defeats Ligonier Valley, 1-0, in Class 2A final
- Poison hemlock widespread in Pennsylvania, dangerous for humans & animals
- US senators unveil legislation to crack down on cybercrimes