HAZLETON, LUZERNE COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — Police say 31-year-old Pedro De La Cruz has been arrested after he allegedly ran a stop sign and proceeded to flee authorities at a “slow rate of speed” until being boxed in by police approximately 14 blocks later.
Police say they observed a Kia Sorento failing to stop at a stop sign Monday just before 3:00 a.m. at the intersection of West Green Street and West Broad Street in Hazleton. They say when they attempted to stop De La Cruz, he proceeded to drive at a “slow rate of speed” without pulling over for authorities.
Police were able to box in De La Cruz forcing him to a stop approximately 14 blocks later in the 300 block of Church Street.
De La Cruz has been arrested on attempting to flee police, driving without a license, traffic violations and DUI charges.
- Two people injured in Jefferson Township crash
- Nexstar celebrates 25 years, encourages community service with ‘Founder’s Day of Caring’
- Newsfeed Now: Users say Apple Watches accidentally calling 911; Study finds half of US cosmetics contain toxic chemicals
- Cloud of fog forms in Mammoth Cave creating rare phenomenon
- Can I mix and match COVID-19 vaccines?