EYEWITNESS NEWS (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — Police say that 34-year-old Nicholas Harvey of Peckville is accused of swerving into oncoming traffic and causing a crash that killed the driver of another vehicle, Thomas White, on Oct 16, 2020 on the eastbound travel lane of the Scranton/Carbondale Highway at Timber Falls Lane.
Multiple witnesses told police that they saw Harvey’s SUV travel from the rightmost lane of his side of the road over into the opposing lane and strike White’s car. White was later pronounced dead. An autopsy revealed that he died from “multiple traumatic injuries as the result of a motor vehicle collision” and the manner of death was ruled a homicide.
Harvey was hospitalized for chest and leg injuries. He told investigators he does not remember driving leading up to the crash or the crash itself.
Police say based on the situation, he will be charged with homicide by vehicle, recklessly endangering another person and reckless/careless driving.
- Chick-fil-A to debut deliver-only service offering chicken wings alongside ‘classic’ menu items
- Diocese of Scranton changes policy on wearing masks
- Knoebels announces new mask policy
- Shoppers react to new mask policy at Gerrity’s
- Elizabethtown man arrested for contacting who he believed was 15-year-old boy police say