MOUNT CARMEL TOWNSHIP, NORTHUMBERLAND COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — Mount Carmel Police Chief Brian Hollenbush has confirmed to Eyewitness News that a body was found Tuesday night off Route 901 near Excelsior.
According to the Northumberland County Coroner, skeletal remains were found by turkey hunters in a wooded area near State Route 901 in Mount Carmel Township. Authorities were called there just after 8 p.m. Tuesday night.
An autopsy and toxicology testing will be done on the remains tomorrow morning at Forensic Pathology Associates in Allentown.
- USA Gymnastics trying to move past Nassar as Trials begin
- Rudy Giuliani’s law license suspended in New York
- Palace: Japan emperor ‘worried’ about Olympics amid pandemic
- ‘Strawberry Moon’: We asked stargazers their thoughts on outer space and traveling to the ‘Great Beyond’
- Farmers market kicks off in downtown Wilkes-Barre