MOUNT CARMEL TOWNSHIP, NORTHUMBERLAND COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — Mount Carmel Police Chief Brian Hollenbush has confirmed to Eyewitness News that a body was found Tuesday night off Route 901 near Excelsior.
According to the Northumberland County Coroner, skeletal remains were found by turkey hunters in a wooded area near State Route 901 in Mount Carmel Township. Authorities were called there just after 8 p.m. Tuesday night.
An autopsy and toxicology testing will be done on the remains tomorrow morning at Forensic Pathology Associates in Allentown.
- Jim Thorpe awarded $200,000 grant for Silk Mill Run Creek restoration project
- Lackawanna County DA says no charges to be filed against man who dropped off ballots
- Police respond to apparent armed robbery at Scranton hospital
- A place for teens to feel safe in Lackawanna County
- Michigan man steals $775 in coins from Union County bank, arrested in Ohio