Her body was found along the Susquehanna River in the summer of 2019. Police say Walters choked Lorenzen and beat her to death with a hammer, later dumping her in the Susquehanna River.
He has been sentenced based on the following charges:
- Murder 1st degree (1st degree felony)
- Murder 3rd degree (felony 1st degree)
- Strangulation (2nd degree felony)
- Abuse of corpse (misdemeanor)
He was given credit for time served from January 9, 2019 to December 9, 2020. He must also pay $5,789.15 to the victims compensation fund.
- New proposal for additional antlerless deer licenses awaiting final decision from PA Game Commission
- Scranton Prep girls hold off Dunmore in Lackawanna League showdown
- Loyalsock girls basketball wins on the road at Holy Redeemer
- Hockey game honors Luzerne County men
- World War II Veteran and long-time public servant of NEPA, Patrick Solano, dies at 95