HARRISBURG, DAUPHIN COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU) Pennsylvania Pursue Your Happiness!
Hot off the presses! The PA Tourism inaugural edition of the “Happy Traveler” a guide to what’s happening in the Commonwealth for all to enjoy,
“Pennsylvania offers an unmatched mix of history, vibrant small towns and natural resources second to none and we want everyone to know about it,” said Pennsylvania First Lady Frances Wolf. “The Happy Traveler is guaranteed to spark the pursuit of happiness – and travel – in Pennsylvania.”
The Happy Traveler offers a fresh take on the traditional travel guide and has been designed to highlight the wide variety of ways visitors can experience happiness in Pennsylvania.
The Happy Traveler includes:
- A unique look at the commonwealth’s vibrant history, outdoor adventures, and cosmopolitan experiences;
- A feature story showcasing Pennsylvania’s national parks and historic sites as part of the National Park Service’s 100th anniversary;
- Icons which direct readers to their area of interest or passion, from adventurer and foodie to history buff or family attractions;
- “Keystoner” tips on how to experience off-the-beaten-path stops hidden gems;
- “A Happy Day” suggestion in each of the 11 tourism regions and signature events;
- For the first time, the guide includes interactive digital experiences accessible with the free mobile app, Layar. Pages marked with the Layar logo connect readers to videos and other exclusive content.
- A visual illustration of the spirit or personality of the Happy Traveler.
The Happy Traveler is available at visitPA.com or by calling 1-800-VISIT-PA.