MINERSVILLE, SCHUYLKILL COUNTY (WBRE/WYOU-TV) — According to PennDOT, a vehicle that caught on fire Monday afternoon has caused north and southbound lanes to close on I-81 between exits 112: PA 25 and 116: PA 901.
Northend Fire Company Members took these images of the aftermath of the fire.
It is unknown at his time if anyone was injured.
As of 6:15 p.m. Monday, all lanes were still closed.
They suggest the following detour for those going northbound:
- Go on I-81 N (American Legion Memorial Hwy) toward 112
- Take the ramp on the right at exit 112 to PA-25 toward Hegins
- At the stop sign, turn right on PA-25 E (Shermans Mountain Rd)
- Turn left, then turn left on N Tremont St
- Continue forward on S State Rd (US-209)
- Continue forward on Bunting St (US-209)
- Make a sharp left on PA-901 (Pottsville Minersville Hwy)
- Continue northwest on PA-901 (Pottsville Minersville Hwy)
- At the traffic light, turn left on PA-901 (E Sunbury St)
- Bear right onto the ramp and go on I-81 N toward Hazleton
You can check for the latest traffic conditions on 511PA.
- Chick-fil-A to debut deliver-only service offering chicken wings alongside ‘classic’ menu items
- Diocese of Scranton changes policy on wearing masks
- Knoebels announces new mask policy
- Shoppers react to new mask policy at Gerrity’s
- Elizabethtown man arrested for contacting who he believed was 15-year-old boy police say